[MEET US] Making Green Finance Count: Impact Investing for Indonesia’s Agricultural Sector
There has been significant momentum behind public-private partnerships for “greening” supply chains in Indonesia’s agricultural sector. Can these models result in incentives that benefit both big and small players, and are these incentives enough to compel others in the industry to follow suit?
SIIA and WRI Indonesia present a workshop on emerging public-private partnerships in Indonesia’s agricultural sector that aim to make independent smallholders more sustainable while rewarding investors with financial, environmental, and social benefits. This workshop is supported by the Tropical Forest Alliance 2020.
Join us for a Panel session focusing on major models for supporting independent smallholders in Indonesia and a Moderated Discussion looking at how to make these models more bankable and therefore more attractive to a larger market. Finally, a lunchtime Investment Marketplace will allow participants to get a closer look at these models and interact with model implementers.
0830 – 0845: Registration
0845 – 1030: Panel Discussion: Impact Investment Opportunities in Agricultural Commodities
1030 – 1130: Moderated Discussion: Perspectives on Financing Independent Smallholders
1130 – 1400: Lunch & Investment Marketplace
- Ms Anita Neville, Vice President of Corporate Communications & Sustainability Relations, Golden Agri-Resources (GAR)
- Mr Beni Hernedi, Vice Bupati of Musi Banyuasin District, South Sumatera Province; Chair & Head of Information and Communication Program, Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari (LTKL)
- Ms Carina van der Laan, Senior Advisor Palm Oil, SNV
- Mr Dirk Lebe, Deputy Program Director & Financial Services Specialist, Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP), Swisscontact
- Mr Fitrian Ardiansyah, Indonesia Country Director, IDH – The Sustainable Trade Initiative
- Dr Istiana Maftuchah, Senior Manager, Department of Banking Research & Regulatory Framework, Sustainable Finance Directorate, Otoritas Jasa Keuangan (OJK)
- Dr Michael Brady, Senior Operations Officer, Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Panel Discussion: Dr Nirarta “Koni” Samadhi, Country Director, World Resources Institute (WRI) Indonesia
- Moderated Discussion: Associate Professor Simon Tay, Chairman, Singapore Institute of International Affairs (SIIA)
- Business Attire
- 20 October 2017, 8:30 am to 2:00 pm
- The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan
- Singapore Institute of International Affairs
- WRI Indonesia