Girls In Tech Digital Transformation Pitch Night
ANGIN was honored to be invited at the Girls In Tech Digital Transformation Night on Friday evening (27/10), a pitch competition for women-led companies.
This year, the Girls in Tech ID program received over 560 applicants (All women-led businesses!!) from which 10 were chosen to take part in 1 inspiration night, 7 classes, 1 mentoring session and the final, a pitch night. These companies all ranged from different industries, but had the goal of bringing digital transformation to their business and the particular industry.
At the final pitch night, the startups had the chance to win up to $1000 in Facebook credit points for their business to start launching an online campaign. A range of other prizes were up for grabs throughout the evening, which created a very entertaining evening. The judges for this pitching session were Aulia Halimatissadiah (CEO – Girls in Tech), Ramya Prajna Sahisnu (co-CEO – Think.web), Victoria Grand (Public Policy Program Director – Facebook), Ellen Nio (Patamar Capital).
Wonder who the shortlisted candidates were? Find out below!
- E-Boon; an online batik distribution company engaging women through education and product innovation.
- YukBaca.com; An online marketplace for selling and buying of books and textbooks for students.
- Siswa Wira Usaha; Already a school for underprivileged children who create bags, the movement into a marketplace for the selling of these goods is the new business development.
- PawHi; An online app for dog owners and ‘poochless’ people to learn how to look after dogs, aiming to be a one stop shop for anything canine.
- Lactashare; The donation and sharing of breastmilk for Indonesian women.
- Humanitree; A donation platform for investing in underprivileged school children around Indonesia through an online application.
- Marie; An online application that takes professional photos and then sends them through a QR code.
- Geev.com; A curated search engine that donates for every search to a organization of choice.
- SaveYourselves; website and application that aims at suicide and depression prevention through education and chatline’s.
ABOUT GIRLS IN TECH INDONESIA
Girls In Tech Indonesia ‘(GIT-ID) is one of the chapters of Girls In Tech Global, a community / forum for women in technology. Girls In Tech Indonesia initiative began in 2011, bringing together several meet ups in a year and also presence in social media.