[RECAP] UTS Hatchery x Australian Government; Tech Landscape Overview
On Friday evening (03/11) at JSC Hive, UTS Hatchery, an incubator from Sydney Australia, hosted and participated in a group of panel discussions with respected industry experts from Indonesia.
Speakers ranged from Investment Firms such as East Ventures and Golden Gate Ventures, as well as multiple startups who have experienced both the Australian scene and the Indonesian ecosystem.
Firstly, the guest panel speakers consisted of investors. This was to focus the trends and current pain points occurring in Indonesian, as well as understanding the community builders goals and vision.
First Panel Speakers were;
- LegalClinic; Startup that helps to create documents for investors when creating new contracts
- Pedals; A community building organisation that partners with universities to get research out of the labs.
- Golden Gate Ventures; Venture Capital that invests in Series A stage startups across South East Asia.
- Jakarta SmartCity; Jakarta SmartCity helps to create partnerships to reduce issues and increase technology innovation
- East Ventures; Biggest Venture Capital company across South East Asia.
The second panel discussion focused more on the startup environment, and proven business models from Australia and Indonesia.
Second Panel Speakers were;
- Tinkerlust; online e-commerce website that focuses on selling pre-loved women’s clothing
- Tokopedia; Indonesian’s unicorn e-commerce website that empowers all of Indonesian’s community.
- International Internships; organisers of internship programs encouraging collaboration with Australia and South East Asia
- Mobilkamu; online selling of second hand used cars.
- Local.co.id; promotion of creative industry throughout Indonesia.
Both Sessions were mediated by Melisa Irene from East Ventures.
A lot of good insights were shared through the panel discussions and speakers gave a more insightful overview to the audience who could be looking to expand their business into Indonesia.
Thank you for all international attendees and participants and we wish safe travels.