[RECAP] UNDP Dialogue: Impact Funds and Bonds for SDGs
(16/11) ANGIN was invited to attend a panel discussion on Impact Funds and Bonds for SDGs organized by UNDP at Borobudur Hotel, Jakarta.
The session was moderated by Michael Markel, the Senior Consultant at UNDP SDG Impact Finance. In the panel were:
- Amit Bhatia, CEO of Global Steering Committee for Impact Investing
- Michael Ngai, the President of HK Finance Association and the Chairman of Red Capital
- Susli Lie, Advisor of PMV YCAB
- Massimiliano Riva, Innovative Finance Specialist at UNDP
The session talked about:
- Bonds and its catalytic role to raise capital
- Impact bonds contribution to SDG especially
- Regional development in the deployment of impact funds and lesson learned
Susli Lie noted that what UNDP do should not merely replicate what has already been done by the private sector. UNDP also needs to consider the cost of calculating and pricing the externalities and the reputational risk if UN were to use bond. This is because what UN do in one country will affect UN’s reputation in another country.
UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) is the United Nations’ global development network. Headquartered in New York City, UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help people build a better life.
ANGIN was honored to be invited to this event and hope that the discussion can inform the policymakers in their work.
Want to know and be updated on upcoming events that ANGIN will attend? Subscribe to our newsletter through our homepage and meet us there! 🙂