Last Saturday (13/4), Meredith from Connector.ID and Nadira from ANGIN held their first workshop about branding in Bandung in collaboration with Pedals.ID. Titled ‘Brand or Bust: How to Build Your Brand & Stand Out to Investors’, the 2-hour long workshop was filled with young Bandung entrepreneurs who are keen on developing their own brand.
Some key takeaways from the workshop:
- You need to know the reason behind why your brand exists. Why should anyone care about your brand? Define the problem statement that your brand will solve!
- Clarify your unique selling point: what does your brand have that others don’t?
- Find out how your brand can be ‘superior’ to other brands out there.
- Define your users! You need to understand your target market in order to better cater their needs. The more specific the better. Creating user personas can help.
- Don’t forget you need to be able to identify your brand & how it fits in the market. This means creating a thorough competition analysis and positioning your brand in the market.
- Finally, build a brand message that is emotionally appealing so that people will remember your brand.
This is only the beginning of future workshops held outside Jakarta. We plan on creating more workshops for aspiring entrepreneurs out there in Indonesia and provide more mentoring and resources for them. Best of luck to the Bandung participants that attended the workshop; we hope to see you all soon!