Our shareholders and team strive to support Indonesia's economic development by investing in the next generation of entrepreneurs and by bringing best in class practices to Indonesian early stage investment. More than an investment platform, we design impactful services to build the entire entrepreneurial ecosystem.
ANGIN acts as a bridge to connect and facilitate investors and entrepreneurs along the entire investment process. Our team and partners provide key services to both investors and entrepreneurs to ensure a flowing investment journey.
- Access to dealflow
- Screening and due diligence
- Deal execution assistance
- Portfolio management
- Access to insider data
- Exposure to exclusive events and workshop
- Fundraising preparation
- Exposure to investors
- Fundraising execution assistance
- Post investment acceleration and mentoring
By leveraging of our local expertise and networks, we provide advisory services for institutions, governments, policy makers, international development agencies and other actors who are interested in developing the Indonesia’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Aligned with our mission, we also provide tailored capacity building for entrepreneurs.
Our recent works:
Co-founded with the BCG (The Boston Consulting Group) the first online platform dedicated to social entrepreneurs – supported by four Indonesian high net-worth individuals (HNWIs)
Development of the first onshore Indonesian Impact Fund supporting social enterprises active across the agriculture value chain
Consulting projects related to gender lens investment and blended finance
We conduct various research works with an aim to fill in existing information gaps and provide key insights to our clients. Our large footprint in Indonesia and exclusive to strategic networks makes our work unique and cost-efficient.
Our recent works:
Explore existing blended finance concepts and proposed alternatives structures
Explore existing blended finance concepts for GRAISEA OXFAM project
Research the landscape, challenges and effectiveness of SAOs in growing successful startups and their role towards gender equality
Study on Women Entrepreneurs’ Support Ecosystem in Canada and Potential Applications to Indonesia
Research how public and private sectors in Canada support women entrepreneurship and recommend some transferable practices to stakeholders in Indonesia
We have designed educational packages and inspirational content to meet the knowledge needs of our stakeholders(entrepreneurs, investors, support organizations…)
A joint project with UBS Bank, ANGIN is embarking on this new program to empower women: We are showcasing inspiring stories of women leaders and entrepreneurs throughout Indonesia. Through interviews, these women share their journeys, challenges they’ve faced. thoughts on women’s empowerment in their respective industries, and any advice they have for other aspiring young female leaders. Read their stories here
We have built tailored education packages for entrepreneurs, investors and any organization interested in growing entrepreneurs in Indonesia
Connector.ID is the backbone of ANGIN’s technology. Using our self-built matching algorithms, entrepreneurs can instantly discover a list of capital providers that fit their funding needs and business characteristics. Similarly, investors get informed about investment opportunities that suit their preferences. This technology has been made possible thanks to the support of the UNDP (United Nations Development Programme), the Canadian Government, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
They Support Connector.id:
We are a team of individuals with strong entrepreneurial mindset, passion,
and commitment to support entrepreneurship in Indonesia.
Head of Business Development
Gema Minang joined ANGIN in 2018 as an Investment Analyst focusing on technology-based local startups. She is passionate about community empowerment and inclusive investment technology for all. She has actively joined various student-led organisations, holding roles such as the divisional head in fundraising and head of general affairs prior to joining ANGIN. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in International Business from the University of Leeds.
Feby currently takes the role of Advisory Consultant at ANGIN, providing advisory services to a diverse range of clients from public and private sector. Prior to ANGIN, Feby has 3 years of experience in the international development sector, working on poverty reduction projects across Indonesia in a Bali-based social enterprise. Feby graduated from Communication Studies of Universitas Indonesia in 2015. With such diverse background, Feby aims to strengthen her expertise in the social innovation ecosystem in Indonesia.
Norma Setyowati is currently as a Finance Assistant at ANGIN. A lady who maximizes her potential to impact those around her while also exploring new experiences to enrich her perspective. Multiple skills packed in one personality: among varying experiences, accountancy and tax knowledge are her top two strengths. Previously, Norma worked for DCI Group as an Advisory Accountant & Marketing. She graduated with honors from Swastamandiri Accounting School in Surakarta.
They advise the professional team and network with their
experience as investor and entrepreneur.
Mercy Corps Social Ventures Fund
Founder of Arbor & Troy
Professor and Angel Investor
Case Western Reserve University
Co-Founder & Managing Director
Alpha JWC Ventures
TEAM & PARTNERS
- Develop content pieces on ANGIN team’s activities and projects (e.g. event report, workshop, press release) based on briefs from ANGIN team
- Produce high-quality original contents mainly on entrepreneurship (both technology startups and social enterprises) and investments (e.g., angel investment, venture capital, and impact investment) in the form of thought pieces or articles with brief and direction from ANGIN team
- Distribute/post contents on ANGIN's site, Mailchimp, and Linkedin
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Indonesian
- 1+ years relevant experience would be a plus
- Fast learner and strong proactive personality
- Critical thinker: Capable of challenging ideas and providing unique perspectives
- Strong analytical and research skill in developing contents
- Knowledge on WordPress and Mailchimp
- Build and manage partnerships with ANGIN’s stakeholders (e.g., startups, high net worth individuals, venture capitalists, accelerator, coworking space, university, etc.)
- Represent ANGIN at several events (Indonesia and international)
- Advocate for potential new projects or business models
- Generate new leads to increase revenues, profits, outreach and impact
- Prepare and deliver a presentation to potential clients/customers
- Plan, organize, and run projects/programs at ANGIN
- 1+ year experience in Business Development would be a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Indonesian
- Fast learner and strong proactive personality
- Detail-oriented and critical thinker
- Capable to work independently with minimum direction
- Passion in entrepreneurship and making a change for Indonesia
COMPANY NAME: ANGIN
LOCATION: Jakarta Selatan
The Investment Manager will be responsible for screening, analyzing and executing venture investments. This position will be involved in extensive financial, technology due diligence, modelling and preparation of investment memorandum and presentations. The Investment Manager will also be involved with monitoring and evaluating performance of existing investments, preparing investor updates.
- Source new venture investments including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and calling on new prospects
- Conduct detailed industry, business and financial due diligence on prospective investments
- Prepare in-depth financial and data analysis for potential investments, including customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research
- Develop financial models relating to financings, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events
- Prepare thorough investment memorandum and presentations
- Develop investment themes within venture investment sector
- Lead due diligence and deal execution
- Maintain knowledge of existing investments and monitor financial performance
- Prepare investment analysis and write-ups of existing deals for investor and management reporting
- Support portfolio company management teams on special projects
- At least two years venture capital or early-stage private equity and at least two years of investment banking or management consulting experience or two years of operating experience at a high technology company, preferably in a general management, product management or business development role.
- Ideally, an MBA from an elite business school, or equivalent work experience.
- Superior financial modelling, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent research, organizational skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
- Ability to perform at a high level without significant supervision and with attention to detail
- Strong, active ties to start-up and VC communities
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations.
- Ability to articulate ideas in a group setting
- Indonesian as mother tongue and strong written and verbal communication skills in English